Do you like bonsai? Bonsai is the Japanese art of miniaturizing trees by growing them in small pots. Now you can have it in your Apple iPhone.
With a tap of your finger, iBonsai’s sophisticated generative algorithm begins growing a unique digital tree. No two bonsai trees are the same! After about 30 seconds of growth, your mature bonsai becomes a beautifully rendered image in the sumi-e style of Japanese brush painting. The iBonsai algorithm produces a wide variety of trees: you might get simple, elegant shapes or twisted, complex creations. You can use the shaping tool to control the process with the 3D view.
Check out more after the jump.
– Simple, clean interface.
– Interactive 3D view. Rotate/zoom to see your trees from all angles.
– Many different leaf types: japanese maple, flowering dogwood, and more.
– Shake it to scatter leaves!
– Save snapshots of your favorite trees, then use them for your wallpaper.
– Ambient music generation algorithm produces a subtle soundtrack which never repeats!
– With the new shaping tool, enjoy interactive control over the growing process, or simply let go and watch the random growing algorithm take control.
– Set the growth speed slow to enjoy a relaxed, meditative experience, or set it fast to see a variety of trees more quickly.
– Hands-free loop feature continually grows new trees. Plug into your dock and let iBonsai paint trees all day long!
– Optional gravity-based viewing mode makes the tree appear to float in space.
– Advanced generative algorithm and random number generator give you totally unique results every time. Produce virtually infinite trees!